Tuesday, November 09, 2010

Hawkins Fired, Hawkeyes Fired Up

  • I think Saturday's game just got more challenging for the Cyclones. The Buffaloes quit on Dan Hawkins a long time ago, so Iowa State should expect a better effort with Hawkins fired.
  • What an awkward Senior Day for quarterback Cody Hawkins. At least his dad has the day off.
  • Iowa will not underestimate Northwestern again. Kirk Ferentz will have the Hawks ready for a reversal of fortune against the Wildcats.
  • Either there is an organized smear campaign against Auburn quarterback Cam Newton, or his past is catching up to him. Until the latter is proven, he still has my Heisman vote (provided he keeps outplaying everyone else).
  • I have one of those tweener colds.  Not bad enough to stay in bed, too sick to be of much good to anyone.
  • Can anyone beat Ankeny at state volleyball? I doubt it.
  • Looking forward to watching the ESPN 30 for 30 documentary on Marcus Dupree. Dupree was the all-time "can't miss" prospect who missed. He played for Oklahoma in the 80s, so who knows what we'll learn in this one.
  • Kurt Warner was voted off Dancing with the Stars. I like Kurt, but I couldn't bring myself to watch.
  • Andy and Chris will likely show up at work Wednesday having not gone to bed. Why? Call of Duty: Black Ops is released Tuesday.

No comments: