- I love that Paul Rhoads plays to win. I'd rather he played to win with someone other than a back-up punter throwing a pressure pass in OT against the #7 team in the nation, but I'll take aggressive over playing not to lose anytime. Dare to be great.
- I didn't have a problem with Rhoads not taking a few shots down field with 40 seconds to play in regulation. Needed at least 40 yards for a field goal, kicker had already missed two, and quarterback Austen Arnaud had thrown a pick-six.
- I couldn't believe how many Cyclone fans had sold their tickets and parking passes to Nebraska fans.
- After Cooter Ray makes an appearance on SoundOFF, we always get several emails from Cornhusker fans who don't get how intentionally silly and over the top it all is. Fans are basically the same---good and bad, smart and stupid----anywhere.
- Iowa caught a break. John Bachman told me Iowa at Indiana would be closer than anyone expected. John was right. Iowa is fortunate to leave Bloomington with a win. As I said here last week, Iowa's challenge would be overcoming the complete lack of energy in the stadium.
- Marcus Coker proved a capable back-up, but Adam Robinson was missed, especially in the red zone where he's invaluable coming out of the backfield.
- Ricky Stanzi missed too many red zone throws, but he was clutch on winning drive.
- Congrats to Kirk Ferentz on 100 wins. Only 300 more to catch Joe Paterno!
- How in the world did TCU beat Utah at Utah by 35? Horned Frogs must be the real deal.
- I still can't believe the Browns blew out the Patriots.
- Say what you will about Brett Favre, that was a hall of fame comeback against the Cardinals.
- Is Brad Childress a buffoon, or did he just lose his mind in the post-game?
- Jerry Jones had no choice. The Cowboys quit, and you can't fire the players.
- It's good to see Iowa and Iowa State scoring in the hundreds again on the basketball court---I don't care who the opponent.
- If only Zenyatta had known how long the race was.
- Megamind was good. Great voice work by Will Ferrell and Tina Fey.
- Jerry Jones had no choice.
- I already have my first winter cold. What is up with that?
Monday, November 08, 2010
Rhoads' Onions, A-Rob Missed, Megamind Control
Posted by Keith Murphy at 11:46 PM