- I hope you had a great Thanksgiving. Mine could only have been better if my mom and sister were here with me. Well, I could add more names to that wish list, but all told, a blessed day. We had a breakfast fit for a king, overate so much we skipped lunch, and then had a dinner so delicious even the kids raved, and they're not easily impressed. All credit to my wife, Jenny. My dad ate his weight.
- I later earned my keep with solid football analysis from my manchair. First we watched the Patriots and Lions. The Patriots wore their throwbacks, so I instantly felt like a kid. Lions wore throwbacks too, but they're almost the same. Just a great game for uniforms. Uniforms are my only fashion care.
- Tom Brady is in the zone. He put on a passing clinic against the Lions. There is no one alive throwing the football better.
- Did you catch Kid Rock's performance at halftime? His Bob Seger sound-alike, Born Free, is a good song, and the entire God Bless America production was like something Ricky Stanzi would direct.
- Next up, Saints at Cowboys. We watched this one from the bowling alley. Yes, a tradition like no other... bowling. We had a blast at Plaza Lanes while the Saints ran up a big lead on the resurgent Cowboys. By the time I finished my 260, the Cowboys were showing life. (And by 260, I mean two games.) Dallas nearly won its third straight, but a Roy Williams fumble opened the door, and Drew Brees passed right through it. Great game.
- Jets-Bengals... couldn't see it. I have Mediacom. Mediacom, I'm barely hanging on. Need the NFL Network! I'm loyal because of MC22's devotion to local sports, but need that NFL Network! Sounds like the game was a dog anyway.
- Cyclone women won in the U.S. Virgin Islands, the Hawkeyes in Mexico. I'll bet it was warmer.
- Andy Fales looked frozen at Jordan Creek Town Center. Wind chill of 10 and thousands of people are lined up for Black Friday doorbusters. That's nuts. I can never, ever see myself doing that. I realize some do it because they need the savings, and some turn it to sport, but I just don't get it.
- My wife and I are going on a trip and needed a few overlooked items. Wal-Mart was open on Thanksgiving. Selfishly, I'm glad, it helped, but come on, give everybody the day off! Shoppers, including absentminded me, can wait.
- Uh oh. I need to be up at 6 a.m., but Old School just came on HBO. I'm hooked.
- I'm thankful you indulge me with these scatter-shot thoughts. Thank you for stopping by. Please be nice to Shawn and Chris. They're good guys.
Friday, November 26, 2010
Thanksgiving Bowling, Born Free, Black Friday
Posted by Keith Murphy at 12:20 AM